Tami L Gilmore, MA LPC [email protected]
Our wilderness therapy retreats promote healing of mind, body and spirit by reconnecting through the grandeur of nature.
We are excited to work with individuals and groups to share our unique blend of therapeutic interventions with those who desire a connection with nature. Through this intentional exploratory immersion into your therapeutic relationship with the natural world you’ll foster inner peace, improve overall health as well as boosting your level of happiness and creativity.
Join us to Reconnect with nature and yourself
- Deepen your personal relationship with the natural world as you deepen your relationship with your own inner wilderness
- Sensory Awareness
- Silent hikes & Gratitude Wanders
- Meditation & Mindfulness in nature /Conversations with the natural world
- Integrate Positive Psychology
- Adventure as metaphor
- Hiking & Fly Fishing (with lessons)
- Take home strategies and techniques that you’ll be able to use in your own back yard
In these stressful times filled with day to day pressures, worry, hassle and anxiety we need immersion in nature to regenerate and refresh. Join us as we explore and share the benefits of nature while including therapeutic intentions. You'll enjoy hiking, campfires, journaling, meditation, mindfulness, sensory awareness, fly fishing lessons, nutrition education and maybe a little guitar playing! (All activities are optional and can be tailored to your activity level) There are hikes as short as a ½ mile or less to beautiful locations.
Our retreats are experiential and intentional. Just a few potential intentions to set for your journey:
- Letting go and/or stepping int
- Celebrating and grieving life's transitions
- Grief work or personal growth
- Exploring fears or forgiveness for you or others
- Learn to listen inward / to your inner wise self / to trust you
- Inner child work or the harsh inner critic
- Restoration/recharge from burn out or compassion fatigue
- Slowing down/ peace/quiet/solitude
Natural benefits of being in nature:
*lowered blood pressure *lowered stress hormones i.e. cortisol & adrenaline *lasting feelings of restorations *immune system boos *increases energy level *better sleep *increased ability to focus * accelerates recovery from surgery or illness *improves creativity *improved mood/lowered symptoms of anxiety & depression *Increase in NK (natural killer cells that target cancer & virus cells) *less inflammation in the body and so much more!
The research is clear Nature is therapeutic and good for our overall wellbeing:
The Nature Fix: Why nature makes us happier, healthier, and more creative
By Florence Williams http://www.florencewilliams.com/books-1/
Your Brain on Nature :