2022 Nature Based Therapy CE's
Introduction to Wilderness/Nature Based Therapy
September 23-26th / 9:00 AM Thurs - 3:00 pm Sunday
Gift yourself a 4 day intensive experiential training/retreat in Wilderness/Nature Based Therapy. This introductory training for counselors, educators, coaches, and healers will inspire and transform your relationship to yourself, your work and the natural world. The role of healer/giver/care taker can be depleting and lead to burn out and compassion fatigue - join us and explore ways to nurture you while nurturing your client in the great outdoors. There's also the added bonuses of boosting your immune system, lowering your stress hormones, increasing creativity and so much more. You'll learn through a combination of your own explorations in nature, instructive presentation, discussion and practical application.
The Curriculum includes:
- Mindfulness in Nature
- Ceremony & Ritual
- Wanders on the land
- Sensory Awareness Tools
- Deepening your personal relationship with the natural world
- Experiential Facilitation Skills
- Explicit support to incorporate tools into clinical settings and healing goals
- Nature as a Metaphor
- Way of Council for group therapy
You'll Leave with:
- 32 CEU's
- A basic understanding of the core principles of nature-based therapy
- An overview of the fields of wilderness therapy, adventure therapy and Eco-psychology and the ways they are being practiced
- Practical tools, exercises and interventions that you can immediately use with clients
- Experience and practice with Wilderness/Nature Based Therapy
- Next steps for ethically working in the natural world
Join us and escape to two hundred and forty private, secluded acres and learn about the wonderful world of Wilderness/Nature Based therapy while disconnecting and leaving behind technology and the noise of the world.
*Overnight camping is not required - daily commuting is welcome. All activities are by choice and open to modification.
We will practice Social Distancing and use COVID 19 safety guidelines
- Cost 4 day training is $550
- $250 Deposit due by April 1st / or Sept 1st for the 2nd training option
- Balance due before April 28th / or before Sept 23rd for the 2nd training option
- Full Refund until 1 week prior to training
- Register by Contacting Tami @ [email protected]
Coyote Ridge, two hundred and forty private acres in Cleburne, Texas. This secluded area comes with plenty of space for tents or campers, there are campfire rings, hiking trails, friendly roaming horses with lovely natural scenery, wildlife, wildflowers and beautiful sunrise and sunset views.
This remote location does not have running water or electricity. We do have a handwashing station and a composting toilet.
- 4 days of instruction and guidance
- The Camp site / Or you may chose to commute from home, an Airbnb or a Glenn Rose hotel or Cleburne local hotel
- We provide a Saturday night campfire meal complete with a dutch oven peach cobbler and challenge night
- Optional Mindfulness fly fishing lessons (equipment provided), optional morning and nightly yoga, guided hikes, guided meditation
- We have extra camping items for loan at no extra charge- tents, sleeping pads, ice chests, sleeping bags and etc.
What's Not Included
Travel to and from the sight are not included. Please provide your meals including breakfast food, any personal snacks, lunch and dinner. Local stores and restaurants are about 20-30 min away. There is very little cell service in the area.
Register by calling (817-933-8106) or emailing Tami at [email protected]
All activities are by choice and open to modification.
We have extra’s for many of these items. Please ask in advance if you need to borrow equipment. We have several tents if you chose to camp with us.
- Back pack/ day pack
- Camping chair (suggestion - crazy creek chair) We have extras
- 2 (suggestion-Nalgene) Water bottles / minimum 32 oz (3 gallons containers of water needed for Cleburne)
- Bandana /Sun hat /ball cap
- Chapstick w/ sunscreen
- Rain gear / pants & jacket
- Hiking shoes or tennis shoes / hiking socks (preferred w/ liner)
- Comfortable Clothing layers / base layer, shorts, hiking pants (check your weather for conditions)
- Water shoes or waders (optional for fly fishing – these are not needed for bank or boat fishing )
- Personal Snacks (We will provide some healthy snacks – fruit/nuts)
- Bug repellent (we have extra)
- ** Bear Bell / Bear Can(For Colorado or Sierra Nevada only)
- Whistle (we have these & extra’s are available)
- Compass (optional)
- Watch w/ timer/ phone w/ timer (unless you can tell time by the sun 😊) There is no electricity for charging in Cleburne
- Head lamp or flashlight
- Matches /lighter (for back country camping)
- Saturday dinner is provided -please plan to bring food for breakfast and lunch
- Small ice chest or insulated lunch box (for commuters)
- Flip flops for base camp
- Yoga Mat (optional)
If you are camping: (Equipment provided at no cost if you don’t own a tent etc)
- Sleeping pad or air mattress
- Sleeping bag / pillow
We are very excited about expanding the practices of Wilderness/Nature Based Therapy in Texas and the opportunity to share it with you and eventually your clients. Please contact Tami to register as space is limited due to Covid Safety Guidelines - Call or text 817-933-8106 [email protected]
Pay via Paypal to [email protected]