Connecting you and your clients with nature
Wilderness/Nature Based Therapy Experiential Trainings
Our Wilderness Therapy training is geared towards practitioners, coaches and educators. We want to empower you for you and for your clients.
Learn the benefits for you and your clients of conducting therapy by involving the great outdoors. Whether it’s adding plants to your office or walking in a local park or back-country wilderness immersion, the gains are exciting and are backed by the latest research.
Wilderness/Adventure therapy and outdoor education is traditionally known in work with troubled youth but now there are more programs that are being provided for adults, couples, professional groups, trauma survivors and war veterans.
Please join us for an introduction to the benefits of wilderness and natural world therapy that can be combined with your current theories and therapies for more healing and growth. You’ll come away with techniques to use immediately along with some tree talking tips. You’ll learn how getting back to nature is proving to be therapeutic and an incredible bonus to getting clients outdoors is also getting you outdoors and out of that office chair! A happy, healthy counselor is also a great benefit to our clients.
1 day offerings & Workshops
Are you self critical or confused about your life decisions?
Join us to uncover all the parts of you for a deeper understanding of the whole self!
Online "Parts Work" Group/Workshop
Including Homework w/ Experiential Exercises in Nature
This workshop/group was originally designed to take place in the great outdoors but due to the Corona virus has been revised to meet online.
- 6 weeks of instruction - Live online gatherings that are designed to help participants apply the parts work model to their own life and for the therapist or life coach to also implement with clients.
- We will meet 7:00 pm CST Monday nights, (the sessions will also be recorded for playback should you need to miss a meeting) Length of meeting will be determined by the number of participants.
- Weekly experiential homework assignments in nature
- A safe space to post and acquire feedback from the instructor and other members of the group
- This workshop is an introduction to the “Parts Work” model based on IFS developed by Richard Schwartz & Katie Asmus’: Understanding Genius. "Parts work” is a form of self-growth where we work with the many different parts/voices within ourselves. You've probably heard yourself or others say things like "part of me wants to go out but another part of me wants to stay home" and maybe even a third part/voice that says "what will people think if I don't go out". It's such a natural thing that we don't necessarily think about or notice. We’ll be exploring our inner critical voice, inner child, wise self and various other parts that make up the essence of who we are.
Benefits of the workshop:
- A deeper understanding of self
- Begin self-Love, self-care & self-acceptance
- Befriending your inner critic or critics
- Express an experiential understanding of self and how to nourish self in everyday life by incorporating the natural world
- Identify aspects in your own system which contribute to stress and ways to return to being centered in stressful times
Tami Gilmore, MA LPC, is Licensed Professional Therapist, EMDR Certified, Wilderness/Nature Based Therapist and is trained in Trauma Work, Attachment and Parts Work. She runs a private practice, a wilderness therapy business, a teacher and workshop facilitator.
If you are interested in diving into and understanding all of the parts that make up the whole of who you are and also desire a connection with nature please join us and contact [email protected] regarding registration.
Dates and Time:
- We’ll meet on the following Monday nights @ 7:00 pm (all meetings will be recorded and available when you are unable to attend in person). The Length of the meetings will be determined by the number of participants.
- Experiential homework assignments in or with nature in your own time
- October 5th,
- October 19th,
- Skip October 12th
- October 26th
- November 2nd
- November 9th
- November 16th
Monday night Zoom meetings and exercises in natural world on your own
Discount: Early registration discount – pay $250 if registered and paid before midnight on Sept 30th.
1 Day Trainings:
For therapists, counselors, teachers and coaches! Replenish, Revive, escape the office chair and acquire tools for you and your clients. Choose a date below to be immersed in nature at Cedar Ridge Preserve while learning to collaborate with nature as a co-therapist.
Join us for a 5 hour training where you'll learn about and experience the benefits of wilderness/nature therapy. Experience immersion into a therapeutic relationship with the natural world through your own explorations in nature, presentations, discussion and practical application, you'll leave with:
- A basic understanding of the core principles of nature-based therapy
- An overview of the field of wilderness therapy and the different ways that it is being practice
- Practical tools, exercises and interventions tha you can immediately utilize with clients
- Lived experience and practice of what it means to collaborate with the natural world
- Sensory awareness
- Mindfulness in nature
- Adventure as metaphor
- Conversations with the natural world
- Support to incorporate tools into clinical settings and healing goals
Three options available to earn 5 CE's for $90 in 2020 (10% donated back to Cedar Ridge Preserve)
- January 29th 9:00 am-2:00 pm
- February 26th 9:00 am-2:00 pm
- March 25th 9:00 am-2:00 pm
- More Fall Trainings TBA
Pay via Paypal to [email protected]