Connecting you and your clients with nature
Wilderness/Nature Based Therapy Experiential Trainings
Our Wilderness Therapy training is geared towards practitioners, coaches and educators. We want to help you change the World!
Learn the benefits for you and your clients of conducting therapy by involving the great outdoors. Whether it’s adding plants to your office or walking in a local park or back-country wilderness immersion, the gains are exciting and are backed by the latest research.
Wilderness/Adventure therapy and outdoor education is traditionally known in work with troubled youth but now there are more programs that are being provided for adults, couples, professional groups, trauma survivors and war veterans.
Please join us for an introduction to the benefits of wilderness and natural world therapy that can be combined with your current theories and therapies for more healing and growth. You’ll come away with techniques to use immediately along with some tree talking tips. You’ll learn how getting back to nature is proving to be therapeutic and an incredible bonus to getting clients outdoors is also getting you outdoors and out of that office chair! A happy, healthy counselor is also a benefit to our clients.
1 Day Trainings:
For therapists, counselors, teachers and coaches! Replenish, Revive, escape the office chair and acquire tools for you and your clients. Choose a date below to be immersed in nature at Cedar Ridge Preserve while learning to collaborate with nature as a co-therapist.
Join us for a 5 hour training where you'll learn about and experience the benefits of wilderness/nature therapy. Experience immersion into a therapeutic relationship with the natural world through your own explorations in nature, presentations, discussion and practical application, you'll leave with:
- A basic understanding of the core principles of nature-based therapy
- An overview of the field of wilderness therapy and the different ways that it is being practice
- Practical tools, exercises and interventions tha you can immediately utilize with clients
- Lived experience and practice of what it means to collaborate with the natural world
- Sensory awareness
- Mindfulness in nature
- Adventure as metaphor
- Conversations with the natural world
- Support to incorporate tools into clinical settings and healing goals
Three options available to earn 5 CE's for $90 in 2020 (10% donated back to Cedar Ridge Preserve)
- January 29th 9:00 am-2:00 pm
- February 26th 9:00 am-2:00 pm
- March 25th 9:00 am-2:00 pm
- More Fall Trainings TBA
Pay via Paypal to [email protected]